[thesite] subscription options page

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Thu Nov 22 16:08:39 CST 2001

John Handelaar wrote on 22/11/01 12:59 pm

>Turning 'Disable Mail' OFF and stopping your mail delivery
>are syntactically opposite.  You're proposing we label
>something as doing the precise opposite of what it will do.

It's really confusing at the moment - it's a double negative.

Ignoring the field names, Bruce got it spot on.
To avoid confusion, we'll change the field names:
>>> ------------------------
>>> <a name="disable">
>>> Turn this <strong>off</strong> if you want to stop receiving mail
>>> from thelist for a little while.<br>
>>> <input type=radio name="maildelivery" value="0"> Off
>>> <input type=radio name="maildelivery" value="1" CHECKED> On <p>

Does that make more sense?

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland