[thesite] food.evolt.org

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Nov 23 22:52:42 CST 2001

At 03:14 AM 11/24/2001, Martin opined:
> >Maybe. But, like I said, people have been including this in the recipes.
>
>They sound a bit like tips - wee snippets that are useful in lots of
>places.

*Sometimes*.
"How to peel garlic in 5 seconds" is a snippet, but other techniques can be
rather large articles by themselves. Don't believe me? Buy "Jacques Pepin's
Complete Techniques". It features over 1000 food preparation and cooking
techniques  :)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1579122205/madhumenon

It's redundant to include proper technique in every recipe.
Take a recipe for chicken sweet corn soup, for example. We could put in a
recipe for chicken stock in every chicken soup recipe, but it's much easier
to simply include a link that says "Related article: how to make excellent
chicken stock at home".

I can write an 800 word article on the art of stir-frying. This would
explain the importance of temperature, food size, timing, differences
between stir-frying meat and vegetables, etc. That wouldn't fit into a
stir-fry recipe.

Get what I'm saying?

But like Matt said, let the whole thing get done first :)
Matt, how exactly is the CMS for this different from the w.e.o CMS?

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net