[thesite] Stuff To Do

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Tue Nov 27 14:55:36 CST 2001

How's that for a subject line?  ;)

Further to discussions in IRC with Jeff, Dan and I ... this is what's left
to do before t.e.o. can be rolled up to production.  Hopefully I haven't
forgotten anything... but I probably have.  ;)

(1)  Update changelog (Jeff)

(2)  Comment out "Edit Membership", including the style changer (see note)
(Dan/Jeff)

(3)  Fix up "Edit Account" page (Jeff and Dan working on the code .. Michele
to modify the page as discussed) - this is where the user will enter their
bio and upload their picture.

(4)  Modify User Page - an interim measure before Member pages are complete
(see note) (Michele to mock up a sample page, including author stats, bio,
photo; Jeff to code)

(5)  Finally, once we've got 3 and 4 above done, we'll solicit feedback from
theforum and thesite so that concerns, etc. from other members can be taken
into consideration.

Note:
As an interim measure before a lot of work is undertaken for the Member
Pages, it was decided that we'd roll what we can from t.e.o. to production.
One of the main reasons for this is that there are a lot of bug fixes that
have been taken care of on t.e.o. that need to be uploaded to w.e.o.  With
the upcoming holiday season, it's also anticipated that things will slow
down on evolt.org as people will be too busy.  So, realistically, I doubt
anything substantive (is that a word?) will be done on the Member Pages
until the new year.

It's unfortunate that we can't roll the style changer yet, but it is tied to
a member's record, and there's a lot more work that needs to be done for
creating a member account.  It would be best to do it right, instead of
trying to Rush and maybe do things incorrectly.   All in good time though.
:)

If anyone has any comments, concerns, etc. please let me know.

Thanks,

Mich