[thesite] UEUE -- Cleaning up with SOAP/XML-RPC

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Wed Nov 28 18:54:14 CST 2001

+| Rough outline:
+| ................
+| grab url of incoming request
+|
+| if(request is for page that needs authentication) {
+| 	authenticate with SOAP client to UEUE.evolt.org
+| 	if(no auth) {
+| 		set request url to go to auth denied screen(or
+| something like that)
+| 	} else {
+| 		do some UEUE magic
+| 	}
+| }
+|
+| if(request is for page that shouldn't see UEUE cookies) {
+| 	strip UEUE cookies sent from browser out of request headers
+| }
+|

So...

I'm no expert with perl... but I did play around with perl 4 back in the
day, doing cgi and the like.

But...

Since I'd like to help w/ f.e.o.

And...

f.e.o. could use ueue

And...

After much consultation on this matter, I feel that a prefilter using
mod_whatever on Apache is the only way to defeat the Javascript cookie
snacking page

Therefore...

I am willing to produce some code for this, perl being so... uhh...
[thinking about positive aspects]... widespread and easy to find
high-powered examples to benefit from, and there probably being a SOAP
library for it already.

I suppose there has to be a sign from the evolt gods now... I'll sit and
wait for such a sign, hoping there is no ritual I have to perform...

<rory disposition="let the fun begin!" alt="=8o"/>

<addendum>

if the hint wasn't picked up... I'd like to use another language besides
perl, if possible and desirable with thesite majority...

Is there a mod_java? A mod_php? A mod_coldfusion? (ok, probably not this
last one 8)

</addendum>