[thesite] Community News Category

.jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Thu Nov 29 18:19:26 CST 2001

> From: Michele Foster
> Looks like we'll need to add Community News category to
> both live and test db in the next couple of days.

when we're ready to do that, please ask me and i'll take care of it.

> Is this going to mess up some of the queries?  i.e. I'll
> guess that Community News will be treated in the same
> manner as FAQ articles are, except that it will appear
> on the front page and it will appear from the drop down
> box.  But, the queries wrt highest rated articles, those
> impacting other articles by this author, and even article
> revival will have special circumstances for this new
> category.
> Do we have problems?

yes, and it will need to be addressed by going in and adding it to the list
of category_ids to not look at when running those queries.  if only we'd
used variables in those queries and stored that list in a single spot.
f*cking hindsight.

jeff at members.evolt.org