[thesite] User page data

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Tue Oct 9 19:34:00 CDT 2001

> see where you're coming from, but people can just as easily put
> offensive shit up there right now in the forms of usernames and emails

Yes, you're right.

> a textarea or textbox(dont quote me :).. should it be searchable? that
> could be an option, but not something that should stand in the way of
> the overall feautre

I suppose anything that we want searchable, we'll encourage people to use
standard field names for or something.

So, anyone (I will be giving it a go -- don't know if anyone else is trying)
designing a user page concept needs to take into account:

 - minimum data (along the lines of current user pages)
 - infinite data possible

 - all structured within sections, custom-named by users. (Any limit on
section title length?)

 - each item can be sequenced (Any limit on item content length?)

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au