Fw: [thesite] evolt validation

Bruce Heerssen bruce at heerssen.com
Wed Oct 10 09:43:36 CDT 2001

Louis P Bennett wrote:

> actually, there are two entities that do validate:
>
> … and …
>
> a quick check of two browsers i've got open reveals that ie5/mac
> interprets both correctly and n4.78/mac does not interpret …
> correctly. you can check it out on whatever browsers you've got
> running at:
>
> <http://www.quietcity.org/temp/ellipses.html>

I'm running linux-mandrake 8.0. On the four browsers I have the results are:

  Browser              |       &hellip;       |        &#8230;

Mozilla 0.9.4        |           yes            |            yes
Lynx 2.8.4             |          yes             |            yes
Netscape 4.?          |           no             |             yes
Konqueror 2.1.1    |           no             |             no

To keep NN4 happy, &#8230; looks to be the way to go. I only show lynx
and konqueror in the interest of completeness; although they are not on
the list of supported browsers, it is nice to know how they perform. If
you've never seen evolt in lynx, check out this screen shot

http://members.evolt.org/bheerssen/images/evolt_lynx.png

Cheers,

-Bruce