Fwd: RE: [thesite] thecode FAQ - everyone read

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Thu Oct 11 15:14:54 CDT 2001

Michele Foster wrote on 11/10/01 4:13 pm

>Sorry, I've been sleeping ..

No prob.

>what's this write up for?  A new FAQ for weo?

For thecode, yup:
http://lists.evolt.org/thesitearchive/2001-October/1563740.html
http://lists.evolt.org/thesitearchive/2001-October/1563753.html
http://lists.evolt.org/thesitearchive/2001-October/1563754.html

in addition to Dan's input:
http://lists.evolt.org/thesitearchive/2001-October/1563742.html

>I've only skimmed this, but a couple points below.
>

>| * Admin: Can approve, edit and expire articles. Can (will be able to?)
>|   add, edit and delete categories. Can view member info even if
>|   generally hidden.
>
>Not at all sure what the reference to categories means here.  Please
>expand/clarify.

As in Backend, Code, Commentary & Society etc.

>Admins can also edit all comments but not delete them.

Yup

>As
>far as viewing member info, at this point that only applies to email
>addresses on the user pages.

Yup - that's the only data which can be hidden from lower Privs.

>However, I'm not at all sure if this will
>change with the new members' pages.

Wouldn't expect it to, as it's not been discussed as far as I've
seen.

>Are we going to have different Priv
>levels for info aside from Privs 1 and 2, which are logged in and not logged
>in user?  (The member pages will also change slightly the writeups provided
>for anon and logged in user.)

Don't see a need, but open to suggestions.

>| * Godmin: Can remove comments. Other stuff - someone want to fill
>|   this in?
>
>Permanently delete articles (I think?) .. tho this may be just brute forced,
>and is done very seldom.

The only time I can remember was the one which took over your browser
and did nasty stuff - it was deleted so Admins wouldn't get screwed if
they
viewed it.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland