[thesite] Linking Related Articles and Old Article Revival Tasks

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Thu Oct 11 20:40:56 CDT 2001

> [New Feature] Linking related articles
> Who's going to decide which articles get cross-linked?

Suggested by authors (if at all) or approvers, and approved by article
approvers.

> [New Feature] Old Article Revival
> Has this item received consensus to proceed?

 From me, yes.

> How to do this? (Similar to f.e.o. Article Headline?)

Potentially.

> What changes need to be done to the DB to get this to work?

Probably a single "headline?" type field and a page to admin it.

> Who's going to decide which articles get revived, how often this
> is updated, where this information appears, and how it looks within the
current front page?

Revivals based on suggestion from anyone at all?

Updated whenever (1 day to 1 week?).

We could accept layout concepts from anyone willing to submit one and decide
on one (similar to how the cubes got in I guess).

We need a name for it too. It's not generally an old favourite (those are in
the top rated article list), or a popular one (those are under hot
discussions), but something we think is relevant at the time or perhaps
deserving of more discussion/ratings, etc. We could back it up with an
explanation (to anyone confused by an old article appearing on the
frontdoor) in the FAQ category.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au