[thesite] My Intro and a look at a UEUE Proposal

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Mon Oct 15 11:33:17 CDT 2001

> 1. doing some import process (hopefully some kind of
> propogation from ueue.evolt.org to the other child members)
> 2. getting rid of the database reference from content to user tables
>
> Anyone have thoughts on this?

1 seems to assume all the different sites have separate databases

another option is to have only one database -- then all the problems
disappear, except for how you differentiate the content records of one
subsite from another   ;o)

problem 2 is not just the FK from content to user, there are other FKs --
rating.userid, replies.userid, createdby and activeby in categorys and
cattype, scheme.userid (if we build it)

and possibly contact and response tables, if they have been restored to use
(they died when the admin function was not carried over from evolt 1 to
evolt 2) -- i don't see a "taken" column so perhaps the mail messages and
answers are in some new table i don't know about?

rudy