[thesite] My Intro and a look at a UEUE Proposal

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Mon Oct 15 12:06:31 CDT 2001

On Oct 15, rudy had something to say about Re: [thesite] My Intro and a...

>> 1. doing some import process (hopefully some kind of
>> propogation from ueue.evolt.org to the other child members)
>> 2. getting rid of the database reference from content to user tables
>>
>> Anyone have thoughts on this?
>
>1 seems to assume all the different sites have separate databases

Those without databases probably wouldn't need their member tables synced,
eh? ;-)

Ok, rephrased: "doing some import process (hopefully some kind of
propogation from ueue.evolt.org database to the other child databases)"

>another option is to have only one database -- then all the problems
>disappear, except for how you differentiate the content records of one
>subsite from another   ;o)

As you'll remember, I suggested this a while ago and you said it wasn't
do-able, implying that we're too far into separation to change now.

I agreed.

>problem 2 is not just the FK from content to user, there are other FKs --
>rating.userid, replies.userid, createdby and activeby in categorys and
>cattype, scheme.userid (if we build it)

good point.

--
mattwarden