[thesite] codefest wrapup

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Mon Oct 15 12:41:15 CDT 2001

On Oct 15, Daniel J. Cody had something to say about [thesite] codefest wrapup

>we all had a blast this weekend and got *way* more done that I could
>have hopped for. Thanks to everyone that travelled to make it(mich,
>matt, mark, jeremy) and everyone else who could make it here, and on IRC
>with us.. Matt edited the LOTTD page and has highlighted what we're done
>with:
>
>http://members.evolt.org/Mishka/CodeFest_2001/draft_tasks.htm
>
>category descriptions, members pages, and style sheets have been started
>on, and are in the works but were outside the scope of this weekend..
>
>pics are sure to follow soon as well :)
>
>thnx again for everyone that made it and those that couldn't but still
>helped out!
>
>.djc.

Yes, but most importantly, my car's odometer passed 70,000 miles on the
trip back home  =(

I've put 40,000+ miles on it in a little over two years.

Anyways, one of the LOTTD items that probably should be looked at is the
"revived article". It's noted how I did it (for now). It's random -- had
to be unless I wanted to go change the database.

Also, because of space, the "other articles by this author" will probably
only survive until we get the "you might also be interested in these
articles" deal working.

Btw, Michele and I did talk quite a bit about how the related articles
thing would be done. And the very first thing we decided is that what was
talked about on IRC (Article A is related to Article B, Article F, Article
M) just ain't gonna work. More on our solution (well, the initial steps
of it) in a bit... after I can remember it all (we were talking about it
at like 3am after being at the Rock Bottom for 5 hours).

I want to write an article about how CodeFest went. Should I leave it on
my personal site or would there be an acceptable category on weo?

thanks,

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com