[thesite] My Intro and a look at a UEUE Proposal

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Tue Oct 16 18:00:22 CDT 2001

Warden, Matt wrote on 16/10/01 4:12 am

>>If we don't do the one global table, like Matt has already suggested, then
>>any application that wants a 30000 foot view of User specific information
>>will have to query the ueue.evolt.org server for the list of all Child
>>Servers the user is a member, query each Child Server for the user's content
>>information, and pull all of that into one report or list.
>
>Ok, here's my thinking. When you sign up for www.evolt.org, you should be
>"signed up" for all *.evolt.org sites.

Yes. And the signup confirmation page is a good place to plug the
entire range ("If you liked $CURRENTeo, then you might also like
@NON-CURRENTeo")

>So, I don't think the list of sites
>of which that user is a member is needed.

I can see the use for list of sites which that user is *active*
on.

Cheers
Martin
(the 'writing reporting requirements documents for integrated sets of
sites, starting with "There shall be a single user view"' one)

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland