Member Pages .... Re: [thesite] user selecteble stylesheets..

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Wed Oct 17 13:45:49 CDT 2001

Michele's reply:

| The priv levels are required for attribute information that
| members can add
| to their own Member Pages.  Here's a recent DB diagram that
| should explain
| it a bit more: http://members.evolt.org/rudy/evolta.gif

Thanks for that again. I need some flogging, too, once in a while, to make
sure I get what I am supposed to get. (Of course rudy's post about the
lozenges/diamonds being absolutely meaningless in the diagram helped with
its digestion. Er, maybe they inform the requirement of participation in the
relationship? i.e. if the FK is optional or not?)

| Now as far as the difference between a member (Priv 2) and a
| user (Priv 1),
| my understanding that those with Member pages (not user
| pages, the new ones
| we are working on) will be considered "Members", whereas
| Users will just
| have a userid.  The way I look at it is this, a member is
| someone that wants
| to share additional information with other members, and be a
| bit more a part
| of the Evolt community.

OK. I get it. You mean, it's new, and we don't really know what _precisely_
it is yet... that's great, because it will change!

| Btw, glad to
| see you on this list, I really enjoy your postings on thelist.

And I really enjoy your complements. I had some trepidation to begin here,
but I couldn't suppress my urge to learn. 8) I am trying to settle down
somewhere in a niche...

| If you have any other questions or want to jump in and help out on a
| project, just holler.  Have you see the CodeFest information?
| http://members.evolt.org/Mishka/CodeFest_2001/  Under Draft
| Task List is the
| stuff we were working on at CodeFest.  You'll see what
| projects/tasks were
| completed.

My eyes are right now on the search of tips... but I'll have to really
consider that before making a move. Input into the reflection process most
welcome!

| Sometime soon, I'll take the left over projects
| and add them to
| a.e.o.  (admin.evolt.org - you may have to talk to djc about getting a
| userid for that application).

All things in all good time, right?

<rory disposition="appreciative" alt="8)"/>