Member Pages .... Re: [thesite] user selecteble stylesheets..

Mark Nickel mnickel at new.rr.com
Wed Oct 17 21:32:17 CDT 2001

> member mnickel has user ids mnickelhome and mnickelwork. he signs on
> to weo via a ueue_id and submits an article. we have nfi whether he's
> submitting as mnickelhome or mnickelwork.

??  Ok, I'll admit lack of experience here, but wouldn't I authenticate using
mnickelhome or mnickelwork not mnickel?  Or as some point during the article
submission process I can choose which user id I want to use??

In any case, I am assuming that I would sign on as mnickelhome.  ueue.evolt.org
would set my user_name = mnickelhome and ueue_id are put into the cookie jar.
(right now there is no ueue_id so this is theoretical)

So when I'm redirected back to w.e.o. ColdFusion sets session variables are set by
querying the User table using my user_name cookie.  The session values that
ColdFusion sets are exactly the same as they are today...  All we would be doing is
altering some of the ColdFusion logic.  My user_name should be enough to correctly
Identify me to w.e.o...

Ok, in reality this probably should be USERID instead of user_name (which would be
the WHO field??), but in this example, mnickelhome, should be stored in the USERS
table.

> i think, just like the cookie field, this things gotta be user-specific,
> not member specific.

agreed.  But some sites might not want to have such a system...  They may want one
user = one member so the ueue_id would be enough to identify the user in the
subsite's user tables...

Mark