[thesite] My Intro and a look at a UEUE Proposal

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Thu Oct 18 02:18:30 CDT 2001

> > As Martin hinted, would this risk be eliminated if the
> > members web space was not a *.evolt.org, but something
> > else such as http://evolters.org/user/?
> ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
>
> i don't like that *at all*.

that's a shame. i think evolters.org would be really cool. MEO would be the
official setup and info joint. while the evolter.org frontdoor would
showcase members with cool sites, talk about how many members were having a
go (and optionally, what they were doing with their space, etc).

right now, MEO is very bland. it doesn't look at all fun. there should be
the normal part (current MEO - handles status, new members, etc), and a fun
part (frontdoor for existing member sites).

> The easier way would be to move the admin pages, not the member accounts.

martin: easier != best (or for access users: easier <> best)

if apache can handle the redirects, we would allow *.evolt.org cookies
without compromising security, have a fun(ner) place for member areas
("evolters" is the community-adopted name people are giving themselves),
give them a shorter URL and email address, with not a huge amount of
trouble. i don't mind paying for the URL either.