[thesite] My Intro and a look at a UEUE Proposal

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Thu Oct 18 08:08:12 CDT 2001

On Oct 18, Martin had something to say about RE: [thesite] My Intro and a...

>.jeff wrote on 18/10/01 8:03 am
>
>>that aside, the top-level pages of m.e.o (account signup, front page, etc.)
>>all need to respond to the user and be able to read a cookie with that
>>user's authentication.  i see no way of being able to do that without
>>exposing the cookie to m.e.o accounts.
>
>What I was thinking of was putting the admin stuff (account signup
>etc) on a separate subdomain, and having the cookies set at
>subdomain level (weo, aeo etc specified separately rather than as
>*eo) for everything except meo.

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but...

there can be only one path for a cookie. IOW, you'd have to set X copies
of the same cookie (except for a different path attribute) where X is the
number of subdomains we want that cookie to be read from.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com