Thanks Dan (was: Re: [thesite] if anyones bored..)

Bruce Heerssen bruce at heerssen.com
Fri Oct 19 11:24:14 CDT 2001

Daniel J. Cody wrote:

> ran some benchmarks today with ab(posted some of the results on thelist
> today) to see how we would handle a slashdotting.
>
> i was actually pretty impressed with CF handling the load to say the
> least :) we're running CF5 now on every *.evolt.org site that uses CF
> thanks to an anonymous donation. heres some sample results of a couple
> variables i used to simulate a slashdotting:

<snip>

Way cool Dan! It's good to know that evolt would stand up to a
slashdotting better than most.

<-- begin gushing //

Dan, I think now is a good time to publicly extend my deep appreciation
for your efforts over the years. Without your involvement in particular,
evolt could not have become what it is today.

Of course, evolt is a community -- not a one man show. Many people have
contributed time, effort, and money to help make evolt happen. My thanks
also go out to those people.

// end gushing -->

-Bruce