[thesite] b.e.o. - IE Browsers

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Mon Oct 29 23:10:13 CST 2001

Adrian,

----- Original Message -----
From: "aardvark" <roselli at earthlink.net>

| i did earlier... my filters were kicked in, so i missed this thread...

Maybe I'm missing another message from ya ... all I saw was this one:

"shit... sorry, filters..
read thread, lemme look, gotta go..."

So, I was waiting for ya to come back  ;)

| anyway, the IE that's up there is from MSDN, so what bothers me
| is that i thought the problem we were having now was it dropping
| connections during d/l...

I've been searching there just now and can't find the files at all anymore.
Can you remember where you found them?

| but the version(s) there are *still* trying to connect?

I only tried 4.02 version.  It tries to install, up pops a window saying
windows update component missing, tries to install, fails, comes up with
another menu saying something to the effect that the previous installation
failed, do you still want to continue.  (This is where I back out and say
no, since I don't want to mess up my own dev. machine ;))

IE 5 is definitely just the set up and requires auto install as well.  :(

And, IE 6, they are doing a set up distribution too :(
http://microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/ie6/download.asp

| i hate MSDN...

hehe

| anyway, yeah...

Yeah what ?

delete versions 4 and 5, adding a note .. when/if full disk versions are
available from evolt members, go with them?  (would this be legal???)

Do we want to purchase a CD version of IE6 (10 us/15 cdn):
http://microsoft.com/windows/ie/ordercd/ie.asp  (same legal issues, me
thinks, i.e. redistributing a CD .. not sure what the licence says about
that )

Thanks,

Mich