[thesite] Comment notification and article ratings

Simon Coggins ppxsjc1 at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Oct 30 04:12:46 CST 2001

Hi there,

I just posted my first article to evolt and I have a couple of
suggestions about the way things work. Firstly, I've been getting two
email notifications everytime someone comments on the article. I think
this is because I made a comment on my own article, so I get one email as
the author and one because I have been involved in the discussion (one
message starts with "Hello,", the other with "Hello Simon,". Would it be
possible to add a bit of logic to only send the second message if the user
isn't the author?

Secondly, I would find it useful if the rating mentioned how many points
it was out of, particularly on the homepage.

Simon