[thesite] voting application

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Wed Oct 31 18:25:22 CST 2001

>What do you think of matt's idea to have:
>
> priv 2 = voting rights
>
> priv 3 = voting rights + admin rights

me?   i think it's great

actually, it's right in line with the whole scheme as originally conceived

the priv levels are inclusive

so, "priv 2 = voting rights" simply clarifies what priv 2 is

priv 3 was meant to include priv 2, as priv 4 includes 3

having an account on m.e.o would simply be another privilege (ouch) of priv
2

i guess an ambiguity might arise if we mix up two different kinds of
voting -- votes from all 3000+ evolt "members" or votes from those
"official voting members" who elect board members et cetera

but since the latter hasn't happened yet, we're cool

and the latter wouldn't happen on a voting app anyway