[thesite] Re: voting app

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Tue Sep 4 18:31:49 CDT 2001

http://admin.evolt.org/vote/
Some things I notice in Mac IE5:

- When I first pull the site up, the white space on the right is
empty (maybe that's just a default state).
- Visited links disappear completely.
- I see the option to add a question, but not the option to remove questions.
- I tried to log out of a.e.o. 3 times w/o success (could this.

I realize a lot of these fixes may be in the works, but anyway, since
it has come into discussion, that's what I've noticed.

Also, since I wasn't around at the inception, I realize that I'm
speaking from a point of not knowing nothing about nothing... so get
out the grains of salt...

General comments:

This stuff has probably already been considered, but:

1. voting is a process that needs to have a beginning and an ending time.
However we work it, it's something that is part of any formal voting process.

2. since voting needs to end at some point, it would make sense to be
able to turn voting on or off on certain issues, so the app doesn't
represent the tally as something other than what it is.

3. would be great if we could archive/record results of votes with
the app... though we could also do that by hand.

4. +1 on Isaac's ideas about email.

Erika