[thesite] Wanted: beta testers for new d.e.o. feature

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 10:32:55 CDT 2001

On Fri, 07 Sep 2001 09:46:01 -0500, "Daniel J. Cody"
<djc at starkmedia.com> wrote:

> cool idea!

+100

> i'll give it a whirl in linux later unless someone beats me too it :)

Works here on Linux 2.4.3 / Mozilla 0.9.3

I'd tweaked my mozilla preferences to restrict sites from opening new
windows, so I had to reinstall my default prefs file.

Once that was done, it worked fine. Would there be any way of getting it
to fail to the current browser window if someone has their browser set
up like this?

It's becoming more prevalent in browsers these days. Moz will have a UI
for it in the prefs in ver1.0, and Omniweb and iCab for Mac OSX also
have this option.

But.. yeah, top work fella *:)

G.