[thesite] what's wrong with my site? which server is down?

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Fri Sep 14 11:26:04 CDT 2001

> > I can pull up which dns servers to use
>
> ?  in english this means what?  where do you do this, whois.com?

a program called nslookup, it is a command-line program that you can use
to issue dns queries (asking the servers-that-be to translate 'rudy.ca'
to an ip address (number))

> you mean ip numbers?  whose ip numbers?

the ip address of the server that runs rudy.ca

> > have you phoned your ISP yet?
>
> my isp doesn't take phone calls

WTF?! --who runs your dns stuff for rudy.ca ? --fastdnsservers.com ?

> and anyhow, my problem is, i don't know what the problem is

nah, you've got the problem (dns is fux0red), just no idea how to
proceed =)

need to contact thos in charge of taking care of rudy.ca for you
(judging by the replies I'm getting, it is fastdnsservers.com). They
have fux0red something that is preventing people from finding you. They
can fix it.

help?
sgd