[thesite] what's wrong with my site? which server is down?

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Fri Sep 14 14:17:20 CDT 2001

rewd -

it looks like fastdnsservers.com(the people that put rudy.ca into an IP,
DNS services) are having some problems with their network. if you open
up a DOS window and type

tracert 209.81.157.1

you'll see it stop around a hostname like
'core1-S0.lansing.corecomm.net' - the IP address is that of the machine
that does your DNS for you - the core1-S0 is a router 'on the way' to
your DNS provider.. the next router in the link doesn't seem to be
responding, and as a result, our browsers can't turn rudy.ca into the IP
address they need to see your website :)

hope that makes sense