[thesite] HTML encoding <code> sections in print version

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 15 13:10:45 CDT 2001

> From: "Filip Salomonsson" <filip at netdesign.se>
>
> Is there no HTML encoding of <code> at all going on
> in the print version of articles? I went to print
> altherda's thing on Boolean Fulltext Searching, but
> the code samples came out.. well, wrong. Dead wrong.
>
> <http://evolt.org/article//18/15665/?format=print>

so this:
<pre>
<?php

/* * * * funcs.mysql.boolean.php * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 *
 *	The following file contains functions for transforming search
 *	strings into boolean SQL.  To download the sample script and
 *	dataset that use these functions, reference:
 *	http://davidaltherr.net/web/php_functions/
 *		boolean/example.mysql.boolean.txt

should be:
<pre>
&lt;?php
[...]

as an example... good question, looks like the author didn't enter it
correctly...

as an example:
http://evolt.org/article/yo/17/4438/index.html?format=print

if you view the source, you'll see the <> symbols are encoded...

looks like the article needs to be fixed...