[thesite] Old Article Revival

mantruc javier at msm.cl
Fri Sep 21 14:20:03 CDT 2001

Michele Foster wrote:

> Javi, can you provide a brief summary of what it is you wanted, the proposed
> approach, etc. for what you had in mind?  (I don't remember the specific
> details).

sure:

my original idea was to refloat old articles to the front page, in order
to attract more visits to them, thus reminding our users that we do have
lots of good articles which were written some time ago. it can also help
improving their ratings for further reference, and comments.

(btw. i remeber seeing a -test- full ranking of highest rated articles,
maybe that could be finshed now too)

i see these articles in the lower part of the home (center, not
sidebar), under a title like "gems from the past" or such.

i think it should be only one article at a time

when we discussed this on admin (subject="article randomizer?")
some interesting questions came out about how to manage it (covered
here)

someone or some group shuold take the lead to select which articles to
refloat

and there must also be a way to keep track of refloated articles,
and "refloatment date" so we avoid refloating the same article
in a short period of time.

we also have to discuss the period for rotation os such refloated
articles.

...awaiting opinions...

--
Javier Velasco M.      -               nurun Chile
Information Architect  -       http://www.nurun.cl