[thesite] Headlines from evolt.org for 04-SEP-01

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Tue Sep 25 16:39:35 CDT 2001

Martin wrote on 25/9/01 10:32 pm

>>Of course, if you have some info to share, or questions to ask, authors
>>would love you to add a comment. Also, all authors appreciate feedback, so
>>be sure to have a look and leave your rating.

Good (sorry, effective) cos it tells people what to do. People don't
do stuff like this until you make it really, really, *really* clear
that they can, and it would be A Good Thing if they did it.

You really do need to tell/ask them to do what you want them to do,
otherwise they won't get that they can do it at all, and the benefits
of doing it need to be clear, otherwise they won't get that they should.

(background - I've done quite a lot of copy writing for Direct Marketing,
for non-profits and for commercial enterprises, and evaluated what
works and what doesn't in pretty much every case)

>>The evolt.org web site is a companion resource to thelist, with articles
>>written by the community members you often read and respect every day.

Nice info, with a lovely background cue that the people who write this
stuff know their shit.

Like I said, these are pretty damn good.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland