[thesite] Status of everything I can think of at the moment ... ;)

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Sun Apr 28 07:34:01 CDT 2002

> Adrian, what's up with the CSS files?  Have you taken over
> the management/modifications of them?  Or, am I continuing
> to look after them? Is there anything that needs to be done now?

i'm not adrian but yes, there's one change that we should work on

adrian had worked up a style to be applied to the <pre> tag which would
render code blocks better than our current treatment with <textarea>

he had a page on his site but i cannot find it (i'm trying very hard not to
make a comment about the lack of navigation)

adrian, if you would be so kind, please repost the url

> Evolt redesign .. what's the status? Who's working on it?  Did we
> decide to follow through with Miriam's suggestion of a "design contest"?

a contest would be a bad idea (no offence, miriam)

> Rudy, have you made an assessment and plan of the DB changes
> required to categorize the various categories.  See this page for more
> detailed information: http://members.evolt.org/Mishka/Words/cattypes.htm.

"categorize the categories" is not the best way to describe it, but it'll
do

no work done as yet, although i have some ideas about what needs doing

> Before Jeff (or someone else, under his direction) can proceed, the DB
> needs a column added, the main categories (or types) defined and then the
> individual categories assigned types.  Rudy, please let me (all of us)
know
>how this is proceeding, when you have a chance of course :)

it's more than just a column

jeff, are you ready to do this change?

rudy