[thesite] BUG - deo file permissions

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sun Feb 3 16:06:01 CST 2002

On Feb 3, Simon Coggins had something to say about [thesite] BUG - deo file...

>Hi folks,
>
>I've been getting emails indicating new links are being added to the
>directory but when I go to approve them they're not in the database. I've
>just been investigating what's going wrong (thinking it might have
>something to do with the new PHP install), and have found that the
>permissions on the deo_html and includes directories on leo.evolt.org have
>been changed from "evolt" to "mailman" (both user and group
>permissions). This means I can't alter the files.

I'm 99% sure that deo runs off of the members.evolt.org server, not leo
anymore.

Or do you know differently?

Yes, there is probably still a copy of the code on leo.

>Not sure what happened but could someone with root access log in and
>switch things back to "evolt". Any directory links submitted in the last
>couple of weeks have unfortunately been lost into the ether - I'll let you
>know when it's working again as soon as I've fixed it.

I got it if no one has done it already.

later,

--
mattwarden