[thesite] The Headlines ... new list

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Tue Feb 5 12:20:01 CST 2002

Hey folks ....

As far as I can tell ... we're proceeding with the new list as discussed on
theforum.  So, what needs to happen and be done to get this rolling?

Feel free to add to this .. off the top of my head... Not necessarily in
order. ;)

(1)  Copy all of thelist email addresses to the new list.

(2)  Creation of the new list on leo (i.e. MG) using the above addresses as
its initial subscription base.  (Including sub/unsub options pages, etc.)

(3)  Announcement letter that Rudy prepared should be sent out to the new
list.

(4)  The headlines announcement that Dean has generated .. currently going
to thelist, should be modified and sent to theheadlines instead.  Also, as
part of this .. the footer of this email should include how to unsub.

(5)  Registration page on weo .. we need to add this list as an option (I
think) .. in addition to thelist.  However, is this even possible at this
time?  Can MG commands be sent for two different lists from weo to leo?  (I
have no clue)

(6)  This new list should be added to leo .. on its home page .. (I can do
this .. once its been created).

(7)  Are we going to have archives for this new list ?  I don't really see
the need for them .. but at the same time, I don't have any compelling
reason not to have them.

(8)  Somewhere on weo .. we need to add a "want to know when this site is
modified" option.  Exactly where this will appear, I'm not sure.  But it
should be another option .. which means this new list actually has three
ways to subscribe to it .. (weo registration page, leo itself and this last
one).

That's all I can think of at the moment.  One final question .. is the new
list called theheadlines ???  or was another name more appropriate.

Thanks,

Michele