[thesite] User Page (Signup) Done

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Thu Jan 3 09:46:11 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "mccreath" <mccreath at ak.net>

| I agree with the few comments that 180w x 90h is a weird aspect, but I
| wasn't in on the original discussions. However, I would like to opine that
| any *bigger* than that would be too big. Madhu, if you put a 120w x 140h
| picture in that box, you'd be using a fairly significant chunk of page
real
| estate for the picture, even on a 600 x 800 screen, especially if you take
| into account the rest of the box.

That's a good point ... what "would" be a good size of image?  I think we
want to maintain consistency and enforce a specific image size for all pics.
So that the block of information is always the same .. I'm guessing anyway.

Anyone have time to mock up a couple samples at different image sizes so we
can pick the one that looks the best within the block?

| http://test.evolt.org/article/blah/1/16189/index.html
|
| Can we lose the border around the image? I don't think it's necessary, and
| it's not the same size as the <hr> below (the <hr> is a few pixels wider),
| so it bugs the anal retentive in me.

Does look odd when the image doesn't fill the box .. looks like that block
isn't centred.  Let's play with the image size, then tweak the box a bit
more.

Michele