[thesite] User Page (Signup) Done

David Mccreath mccreath at ak.net
Thu Jan 3 12:06:13 CST 2002

> what "would" be a good size of image?  I think we
> want to maintain consistency and enforce a specific image size
> for all pics. So that the block of information is always the
> same .. I'm guessing anyway.

Okay -- for the sake of conversation (and still with trepidation of
rehasing stuff that's already been decided) ...

Is it really necessary that the pictures all be the same size?
Everything else on the site is fluid and the way that block is built
(using a right-aligned table), the text will flow around it as
necessary.

Can we just specify a maximum size in each direction and let people
upload what they want? I think the current sizes are reasonable as
maximums: a 90px tall picture with a 1:1.5 (w:h) aspect would be 60px
wide, which seems plenty big for a headshot to me. If you wanted to
give a little more room for traditional headshots, you could bump the
height up to 98px, which would give you a width of 72px.

David