[thesite] User Page (Signup) Done

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu Jan 3 13:29:28 CST 2002

At 09:17 PM 1/3/2002, Michele Foster typed these words:
>That's a good point ... what "would" be a good size of image?  I think we
>want to maintain consistency and enforce a specific image size for all pics.
>So that the block of information is always the same .. I'm guessing anyway.

OK, so clearly 140*120 is a bit too big to fit well into the existing design.

100*80, however, is pretty good. (Well, considering that it's going against
an olive-khaki background.)

>Anyone have time to mock up a couple samples at different image sizes so we
>can pick the one that looks the best within the block?

I've done two:

1) http://members.evolt.org/madhu/authorpic1.htm is at 80*100 and left
aligned. No border either 'cause I think it sucks ;)

2) http://members.evolt.org/madhu/authorpic2.htm is at 150*120. I wish I
could crop the image a bit to get it to 140*120, but there was nothing I
could take out.

I wanted a decent quality image to use in my mock-up, so I borrowed one
from Uncle Jakob's high-res gallery - http://www.useit.com/jakob/photos
(Jakob actually mentions the brand names of his shirts in the ALT text,
e.g., "Jakob Nielsen in red Turnbull & Asser shirt". wtf?)

Madhu