[thesite] User Page (Signup) Done

David McCreath mccreath at ak.net
Thu Jan 3 15:37:03 CST 2002

aardvark wrote:

 >>From: Madhu Menon <webguru at vsnl.net>
 >>
 >>But then we're forcing "creativity" down the throats of people less
 >>inclined to fool around in an image editor program. A typical backend
 >>programmer, for example, probably doesn't want to do that.
 >
 > they don't *have* to, they can still just add white space to the
 > edges... but i suspect we'll find more people will play with it than
 > you think...

Okay, I'm good with the aspect ratio as is for now, but would like to be
able to revisit it if we hear squawking. Cool?

But can we *please* lose the border? I personally like the way my
headshot looks (centered in the box), but the border really looks like
ass. If we're going to leave the creativity up to the user, let's not
force the border on them. Them what wants 'em can build 'em into the
images. Dig?

Also, Madhu, remember that you can include witty text in the whitespace
of your image! :)

David