[thesite] author info box option

David McCreath mccreath at ak.net
Thu Jan 3 16:21:28 CST 2002

>>Okay, one last question and I'll shut up. Are there
>>plans to make the display of this box optional?
>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
>
> not this iteration.  perhaps when we do the redesign.

Noted.

> i hardly see the point though.  if you're trying to keep this from the
> viewer, this very same information is one click away on the user page.

I'm not trying to keep it from the viewer, I'm just trying to not wave
it in front of the viewer's nose.

> thereby removing any possibility of continuity for the end-user?

Mmm. That's one way to look at it, but I also think that you could
easily look at this as a personalization feature, like the posting of
the email address.

As for the end-user, if it's there, the reader will look at it and gain
knowledge about the author, if it's not there, the reader will just read
the article. I don't see it being a jarring discontinuity.

But, as you said, we're not making it optional in this iteration, so
onto the next topic!

Thanks for the info, Jeff.

David