[thesite] Caching Questions

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Wed Jan 9 14:19:19 CST 2002

Hi everyone ...

For my own information .. I'm just wondering about the caching of the front
page on teo and what exactly it is doing.  I posted a new comment, and it
doesn't show up right away.  I also noticed it the other day that the front
page indicated a certain number of ratings for a particular article, yet
when I viewed the article there were more ratings.

How long is the caching?  Is it just teo or will this also appear on weo?
Will the delays be as noticeable on weo, since its a better optimized
machine(s) and DB?  I understand our desire to get that homepage loading
quicker.  I'm just curious as to what's going on behind the scenes.

Thanks,

Michele