Changing jobs/email address issues was: [thesite] the new author box

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sun Jan 13 11:39:39 CST 2002

On Saturday, January 12, 2002, at 05:53  pm, rudy wrote:

> pity the poor user who changes jobs and needs a new user id -- all those
> lovely stats will be lost

Same issue re "Search for Tips by this author" - I have tips
from (I think...) 6 email addresses. Because the search only
searches for tips from my meo account (ie what's registered
for my weo account), it only pulls back a small proportion of
them.

I guess this is a factor of having a 1-1 relationship between
users and email addresses.

For many users this'll be fine, but I guess lots of people have
at least 2 (home and work).

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,