[thesite] something about this email

matt g. mrg at members.evolt.org
Mon Jan 21 11:02:54 CST 2002

I sent this twice on Wednesday, once on Thursday, and it's never made it
through.... (fingers crossed this time)

Hi,
on weo when you click on the submit articles link (sidebar), and are not
logged-in, you get this:

> error
>  unauthorized access
>
> You must be logged in to use this resource. Please use your username in the
> form on the right to log in. If you don't have a username, register today!

and a bunch of empty space. It seems pretty abrupt/harsh for something which
is accessible from the home page and seeks to encourage
contribution/participation.

It seems more natural to say 'you gotta log-in' plus offer up Amanda's
article about writing articles for evolt on the *same* page. If that's
do-able anyway - there could at least be a link to the article there, yes?

I really like the author info blocks, by the way.

matt g.