[thesite] something about this email

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Mon Jan 21 11:10:04 CST 2002

Hi Matt,

----- Original Message -----
From: "matt g." <mrg at members.evolt.org>

| I sent this twice on Wednesday, once on Thursday, and it's never made it
| through.... (fingers crossed this time)

Yeah, for some reason your message was held up in the queue awaiting
approval.  I've no idea why tho.  I know Dan's been playing with filters on
thelist, maybe there's something on this list too.

| Hi,
| on weo when you click on the submit articles link (sidebar), and are not
| logged-in, you get this:
|
| > error
| > unauthorized access
| >
| > You must be logged in to use this resource. Please use your username in
the
| > form on the right to log in. If you don't have a username, register
today!

| and a bunch of empty space. It seems pretty abrupt/harsh for something
which
| is accessible from the home page and seeks to encourage
| contribution/participation.

hehe .. true dat.

| It seems more natural to say 'you gotta log-in' plus offer up Amanda's
| article about writing articles for evolt on the *same* page. If that's
| do-able anyway - there could at least be a link to the article there, yes?

A link is do-able.  Let's come up with some better text for that page...
*thinking*

Mich