[thesite] A new version of the evolt.org Directory

Lachlan Cannon tiedefenderdelta6 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 23:58:07 CST 2002

--- Michele Foster <michele at wordpro.on.ca> wrote:

> Simon,
>
> I agree .. having editors/admins for each section would
> be very useful.
> I'll take ASP if no one else volunteers.  ;)
>
> Mich

If no one else want 'em, I'll take PHP and CSS. (there is a
category for CSS, right?)

Additional thoughts: This would be a good way to integrate
MEO sites more into the evolt site. I'm sure many of the
evolt members have some great resources there that no one's
aware of.

Simon's idea of multiple editors, while nice, sounds a
little risky. What happens if one editor is dead for
something being there, and there's one other who is dead
against it? An entry that appears and disappears every 5
minutes? I think it'd be best to have one editor, and on
the page for that category, say who they are, and give them
a contact page for that person - to discuss issues with the
link,s with editors having the final choice, of course.

Maybe Simon should stay on as super editor, who can change
the editors choices too, in case one person gets busy and
can't handle it for a few weeks.

The most important thing of all, I think is to try to
revive interest in the directory, which is what this
redesign will be good for. Get the redesign out of the way,
and give all the editors a few weeks to really get their
categories in order, and all sparkly. ;) And then announce
on the lists that the directory has gone under a major
overhaul in order to make it a better resource for
evolters.. blah blah. Hopefully that will be what's needed
to get interest into it, and keep it thriving.

Lach