[thesite] Voting Application - initial DB ideas

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Thu Jan 31 16:50:01 CST 2002

> >probably easy to find the size on MEDIUMTEXT on mysql.com if i weren't so
> >lazy...
>
> TINYTEXT, TINYBLOB (2^8 - 1 bytes)
> TEXT, BLOB (2^16 - 1 bytes)

Pity there's not something in between these two. TEXT/BLOB would be best
then?

For the description fields (optional anyway), I'm really only expecting us
to need space for maybe a paragraph outlining things, maybe a link or two to
threads in theforum archives, etc.

I'll leave someone with MySQL skills to set up the DB according to Matt's
mods to my suggestion. Will start plotting the app sometime today,
hopefully.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au