[thesite] test

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Wed May 1 14:51:00 CDT 2002

On May 1, William Anderson had something to say about Re: [thesite] test

>> On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 09:35:09AM -0400, aardvark wrote:
>>
>> > nope... none of these lists are closed -- anyone can post to them,
>> > which is why we get spam, too...
>>
>> At the risk of starting another argument....
>>
>> ...GRRRRRRR!
>
>mmm, ditto.  I've had arguments on NetBSD lists about a similar posture on
>allowing non-list members to post.  I personally disable the feature on
>every list I create.  If you want to post from more than one email address,
>subscribe with them all, and set the ones you don't want to get multiple
>messages to, to the nomail setting.
>
>I see no other point in having posting set open as such, but if someone can
>enlighten me as to a good reason why, I'll happily accept it :)

Well, since we've had this argument time and time again, I'm sure it
wouldn't be hard to find in the archives.

Fact is, it doesn't happen often. When it does, it's a minor annoyance
until we add a filter.

Btw, all the lists at evolt are set up like this list.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com