[thesite] test

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri May 3 17:39:01 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Madhu Menon" <webguru at vsnl.net>
To: <thesite at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 6:55 AM
Subject: RE: [thesite] test

> [snip]
>
> <quote who="Spock">
>
> Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of
> the many outweigh the needs of the few.
>
> </quote>

I _hate_ to be a pedant, but I LOVE Wrath of Khan, and the quote is

   Kirk: You are going to remind me that logic dictates your actions?

  Spock: I would not remind you of that which you know so well.
         It was a mistake for you to accept promotion.  Commanding
         a starship is your first, best destiny.  Anything else, is
         a waste of material.

   Kirk: I would not presume to debate you.

  Spock: That is wise.  In any case, were I to invoke logic, logic
         clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the
         needs of the few.

   Kirk: Or the one.

..... sorry :)  If this thread threatens to continue in this vein, feel free
to shunt it to thechat!

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'