[thesite] bad spam

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Tue May 7 16:06:03 CDT 2002

aardvark -

this is obviously an issue for you, and i can appreciate that.

i know you think that you've got the best solution, and it does work
well on theforum list for a number of reasons(two being its relative
newness and not being plastered on 100 sites across the web), so its not
really fair to say 'solution X works on this list' when the lists are
very different.

i'm working on fixing the problem, more along the lines of what josh has
suggested, by holding zero length emails.

this, in addition to the other measures in place, should help the prob.

and i'm not saying its going to ever get fixed either. spam will always
be flying at thelist, and we can't completly stop it. i think if you or
the people that sent you messages offlist knew how many spam emails
didn't get through because of the work thats been done by a number of
people, you wouldn't be quite as critical.