[thesite] Threading email messages in a mail group setting

Martin Kuplens-Ewart martin at takingitglobal.org
Wed Feb 26 17:48:00 CST 2003

Like most stuff we do, I'm building a groups application for the
organisation I work with [see it @ http://groups.takingitglobal.org]. I was
really happy with my message threading (using In-Reply-To), until a key user
of this tool discovered that their messages were not threading. A quick look
at a captured message (with all its headers) showed that their version of
Exchange Server is stripping the poor darling of those important headers.

Does anyone know of a reliable way to handle message threading, allowing for
the oddities of Exchange? I need to have a solution to this problem
implemented by tomorrow afternoon!

Cheers,

Martin Kuplens-Ewart
TakingITGlobal Int'l Coordination Team