[thelist] FWD: [Fwd: P&G: Hoarding pays]

martin burns martin at members.evolt.org
Thu Jun 29 09:46:53 CDT 2000

> I thought reserving domain names only so that you can sell them later
> ("homesteading") was illegal?  What am I not understanding?

Not illegal, but against the rules for some registrars. I think this only applied where you reserved them but didn't pay for them. Buying them is another matter and is fine (unless you're using someone else's trademark and then trying to sell it to the rightful owner for large sums of cash).

Cheers
Martin