[thelist] Some thanks and a tip

Daniel McMurray mcmurd at ccaa.edu
Thu Jun 29 18:46:45 CDT 2000

To all,

First, thank you for your help with that calendar I asked about a few days
ago.  I ended up going with one found on the cgi-resources page.  In case
you're interested, the calendar is at
http://mkruse.netexpress.net/scripts/calendar/
It has a very easy to use interface, which will be great for the
non-techies mentioned.

Finally, a tip in return for your help.  I don't know what I can say about
the Internet that hasn't been said before, and I seem to recall that a
recipe or two has made its way to thelist, so I'll continue that rather
unusual method of atonement.

Here goes...

<tip type="dinner">
Ever had that craving for beef burritos?  Here's a good, easy recipe
that's also easy to adjust to fit your tastes.

You need the rough equivalent of;
7-10 8-inch flour tortilla shells
8 oz shredded cheese (whatever you like....sharp cheddar works well)
1 lb ground beef
15 oz refried beans
4 oz green chilies
15 oz chili, no beans
10 oz cheese soup (Cambells makes a Mexican Fiesta cheese soup that
	works well)
1 cup salsa

Cooking it;
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Brown beef
-While this is going on, throw the salsa, chili, soup, and green chilies
in a saucepan, and heat it through.
-After the beef is brown, stir the refried beans in with it.  When that is
good & messy, add a cup of the salsa mixture to it.  Then add half the
shredded cheese.  You should end up with some nice, brown slop (it tastes
really good, though, when you're through!  Trust me on this one!)
-Spread a cup of the salsa mix on a 9"x13" baking pan.
-Scoop an amount of the beef mix onto a tortilla shell.  Wrap and place in
the baking pan.  Repeat until you run out of beef mix, room in the pan, or
both.  I usually get 6 or 7 full tortillas out of this.
-Pour & spread the rest of the salsa mix over the tortillas in the pan,
then sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.  Bake for 35 minutes or so,
and serve casserole-style.

Enjoy!
</tip>