[thelist] Whatever happened to High Five?

Daniel J. Cody dcody at oracular.com
Fri Jun 30 02:25:06 CDT 2000

Steven Champeon wrote:

> on Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 10:55:28PM -0500, Daniel J. Cody wrote:
> > Whats the big deal in moving a site/list/whatever? Not to toot our own
> > horn, but the evolt lists(along with 1000+ members in all) moved to a
> > new server(on a different network to boot) within 3 hours, with almost
> > zero interuption(except me blabbering on about the move ;) during the
> > process. Actually, I'd bet that 95% of people didnt even notice the
> > move.
>
> While I agree with the general tone of your rant (what's so hard about
> changing your DNS expiration - from a week to 2 hours - a week in advance
> of a move, anyway? ;) I'm pretty sure that there were a few extenuating

heh.. I totally hear ya :)

>  - they didn't move from one server to another, they moved the /server/
>  - they didn't move the list from one box to another, they switched from
>    majordomo to GNU Mailman

If they need any help(dunno if this is still a current issue) moving to
Mailman, my services are available there.. MajorGumbo, which is the
evolt mailing list manager, is based on Mailman(albeit the .9b version,
its currently in 2.0beta form), MajorDomo and some other hacks I put in
it. If you have contact with them, letem know i'm able to help if they
need it :)

.djc.