[thelist] ssh ftp client for the mac

Steven Champeon schampeo at hesketh.com
Fri Jun 30 09:38:51 CDT 2000

on Fri, Jun 30, 2000 at 09:07:34AM -0400, Julia Frizzell wrote:
> Instructions for doing SSH FTP here, using Fetch:
>
> http://security.sdsc.edu/help/faq.shtml#ssh_ftp_mac_pc

Note that these instructions only work at scsd.edu, though you should
be able to set things up so that they will work on your server as well
- if your ssh installation has been configured to allow port-forwarded
or tunnelled connections.

 http://security.sdsc.edu/help/faq.shtml#ssh_ftp_unix

> F-Secure (formerly DataFellows) makes an FTP SSH client called
> F-Secure. There's a trial for download.

Don't bother - it's expensive and has lousy terminal support. And it's
not an ftp client, it's an SCP client.

--
http://a.jaundicedeye.com/weblog/
because it just annoys people when I talk to myself...